Become a foster carer
Could you become a foster carer? Now is the time to find out!
Bristol has an amazing group of more than 300 foster carers, many of whom have come to fostering after their birth children have grown up or following a different career. However the children of Bristol urgently need more people to foster.
We can help you work out if it's for you. You could the make a world of difference to a child in Bristol.
We know you’ll have lots of questions and that’s ok! We’ll support you every step of the way.
- You'll get a comprehensive package of supervision and support once a child is placed with you, to ensure the arrangements are robust and safe for everyone.
- New foster carers will have their own fostering social worker to help, support and provide advice, and will be in touch daily to begin with.
- The council fostering team offers a wrap-around programme of 24 hour support which includes a dedicated phone line in the evenings and weekends.
- Access to our therapeutic placement support service which will offer training, individual and group support for you and the foster children.
- Dedicated, skilled and experienced existing foster carers are available via a video link to offer guidance and expertise as one-to-one buddies.
Don’t rule yourself out - there’s no typical foster carer and you could provide a safe and welcoming home to a child who needs one.
Contact 0117 3534200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
#This is Fostering #FCF20 #WeCAreBristol