Filwood Park / Inns Court / Lower Knowle / Novers Park
Bristol City Centre
Brislington / Broomhill / St. Annes / Arnos Vale
Volunteer Invigilators will assist in delivering a warm welcome to our visitors, facilitating learning activities in the gallery and helping with gallery operations. Each volunteer will bring a unique perspective to the RPS. We are looking for keen volunteers to invigilate in our gallery to help enhance the visitor experience at RPS House. The gallery is open from 10 to 5pm Thursdays to Sundays.
• Reports to: Front of House Officer, Building & Operations Manager
• Length of Volunteering: suggested 6 months minimum • Commitment: 1 day or 2 half days per week
Desired Skills & Experience: • A desire to gain experience in volunteering in an arts or photography organisation
• An interest in engaging people and inspiring education in photography
• Experience of working in public-facing roles with a wide spectrum of members of the public
• A good command of spoken English
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities: • Be available for a minimum of one day or two half days per week during the gallery opening times (Thursday to Sunday between 10am and 5pm).
• Attend a Team Meeting at the beginning of every new exhibition.
• Help the front of house operations run smoothly and to a professional standard with the aim of encouraging return visits.
• Gaining knowledge about the collection and each exhibition by reading the related information to be able to answer general queries from the public.
• Be an informed point of contact for all public enquiries for the gallery, offering visitors support and information on the exhibition, gallery, RPS.
• Talking to visitors about the exhibition, and ensuring they have any resources or handouts that explain the exhibition.
• Keep a record of visitor feedback, offer visitors the chance to fill in feedback questionnaires.
• Create a welcoming atmosphere for visitors, ensuring and maintaining the tidy and orderly appearance of the Gallery at all times.
• Being familiar with the evacuation procedures and be able to implement them in case of an emergency, assisting visitors and colleagues
• Reporting any irregularities in the gallery, security, cleanliness, safety, immediately to the Front of House Officer or Building Operations Manager. Person Specification • Experience of working in a public-facing role
• Excellent Communication skills
• Flexible and reliable with a high level of professionalism
• Enthusiastic about visual arts and photography
• Ability to commit to a day or couple of half days per week.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE CONTACT PAUL JONES PARRY: firstname.lastname@example.org