Please sign in or register to volunteer.
Code Club Volunteer Role profile
Bristol Libraries run Code Clubs in partnership with the Code Club Organisation in Library branches across Bristol.
Volunteers run 12 week Code Clubs courses and they use resources created by Code Club and aimed at children aged 8 - 11.
To volunteer at a Code Club you need to:
● be available for one hour a week to help with a Code Club session in a library
● commit to volunteering for at least one school term (12 weeks)
● have time to prepare for the Code Club session each week. This may include organising
resources and completing the project you will be doing with the children in advance
● organise a DBS check for yourself (unless you are a teacher and already have one)
● be confident with computers. You don’t have to be a coding genius, most clubs start with
simple programs like Scratch, but you need to be willing to learn
● have the patience, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to communicate the joy of digital
making to a group of around 10-15 children each week
● if you don't have teaching experience, we can support you running the club smoothly
How Bristol Libraries and Code Club support you:
● we guide you through your DBS check
● we provide great projects for the children, which are step by step guides for creating
games, animations and websites
● free online or face to face training sessions to get you started
in your area so you can connect with other volunteers and swap tips
● regular newsletters to keep you uptodate
with information about the Code Club network
and activities happening in your local area
Benefits for you:
● you’ll play a key part in helping children gain skills that are useful to them not
learning to program, but also learning about computational thinking, problem solving,
planning, designing and collaboration
● lots of transferable skills that will look great on your CV and a reference letter
● if you’re new to coding, running a Code Club is a fun and practical way to develop your
Code Club Volunteer
Post and promote your volunteering opportunities.
Post your questions and ask your community for ideas.
Tip: Tell them a bit about yourself, your availability, your experience, your interests.
Help us keep the website safe for everyone to enjoy. Please use this form to tell us what is wrong with this post. Someone will take a look as soon as possible to resolve the issue.