Do you want to do something exciting and rewarding? Want to make a positive difference? Want to be inspired? Are you energetic and enthusiastic? Interested in working with young people?
Envision is looking for dynamic volunteers to help support and inspire 16-18-year olds in schools and colleges in Bristol. Envision inspires and supports young people to conceive an idea and make it a reality through a structured programme of challenges, coaching and events.
We need enthusiastic volunteers who can really help young people to make a positive difference to their community and themselves, by developing their skills, awareness, confidence and motivation.
Envision provides all the training and support you need - all you have to do is give us 1 hour a week between September and April. Sound interesting?
What do volunteers do?
- Volunteers are matched with a school and work directly with a team of young people in schools/ colleges to support them to create an effective social action project.
- Use their enthusiasm for working with young people to facilitate the weekly meetings.
- Working with an Envision Coach to ensure quality of the project stays high.
- Motivate and inspire their teams to discuss issues and to turn their ideas into action
We're looking for people who:
- Have a keen interest in working with young people.
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to get stuck-in.
- Are confident and can work using their own initiative.
- Can give a commitment to work with their school team from September- April.
- Must be free for 1 hour each week.
- Must be willing to travel up to forty minutes to get to a school or college.
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds.
- Facilitation skills.
- An interest in social and/or environmental issues.
- Links with organisations and charities.
- Experience of project or event planning.
What do we offer you?
- On-going support.
- Access to training and resources for you and your team.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses incurred whilst volunteering.
For more information, please visit: https://www.envision.org.uk/get-involved/volunteers/assistant-coach-role